CDE’s WAC-Series DC voltage capacitors offer a superior performance in a high capacitance welded case package. By utilizing water cooling as the heat management system, this product is ideally suited for the most demanding applications requiring high RMS ripple current ratings, warm cabinet environments, and large capacitance values.
CDE’s WAC-Series DC water cooled capacitors provide solutions in a few critical applications including:
- DC filtering
- DC blocking
Over 100 electrical configurations are currently available in a welded package, with the following features and options available upon request:
- Pressure switches
- Internal discharge resistors
- Live or dead case construction
- Single to multiple fine-tuning values per capacitor
- Choice of bracket style and location
- Choice of terminal connections
Unique features of the WAC-Series capacitor include:
- Terminal Options – By designing capacitor with a variety of terminal layout, WAC-Series capacitors can achieve maximum RMS ripple currents and keep inductance low.
- Large welded metal package – Utilizing well established and proven high K oil filling process, these welded aluminum cans house large capacitance values in excess of 250 lbs per unit.
- Welded package – By taking advantage of an already provided welded metal can, NWL can provide additional brackets for accessory components required near the bulk capacitance value and avoid additional structures in assembly.