CDE’s EC-Series metalized polypropylene DC link film capacitors offer large capacitance values, high Joule energy, and large current ratings in a single welded metal package. This dry resin filled package can have a variety of low inductance terminal options, brackets for mounting, and can also incorporate additional metal structure to accommodate additional components such as resistors, chill plates, etc.
EC-Series capacitors are well suited for many inverter applications including:
- DC input / output filtering
- DC Link
- AC harmonic filtering
- High energy storage pulse
- Traction drives and heavy vehicles
Unique features of the EC-Series capacitor include:
- Large Capacitance values at high voltages – By utilizing fabricated welded metal packages, NWL can incorporate large capacitance values with the higher voltage ratings.
- Rugged metal cases – Welded metal cans fabricated from alum, brass, steel, and stainless steel are provided for rugged packages up to 500 lbs.
- Inverter design flexibility – With an already fabricated metal package, NWL can fasten onto the metal container unique brackets to accommodate a variety of functionality.